Did you know that as of April 26th, 2006 you will FINALLY be putting money in your pocket and not in the governments? That's right, it takes nearly FOUR (4) months to fulfill your obligation to the government. If you were to take all the money you made for the past four months and just give it to the government then you would not have to give them anymore.
How's that for putting things in perspective. Four months of your hard work to pay the government tax bill. For what? For waste, inefficiency, and corruption. The Federal Governments primary job is to provide for our national defense. Everything else has been added after World War I.
For those of you that don't know, we have a progressive tax system. What does that mean? The more money you make, the higher your percentage of tax that you pay. Let me show you something:
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
Please note #2 "2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax."
Do you recoginize this? It is from "The Communist Manifesto" If you are not afraid, you should be.
-End of Ramble